Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Salad?, it's organic

I bet you didn't know that I have a restaurant on by back deck. It's open from about 4-6 p.m. on nice days. I know, I know, I have no zoning, no signage (but that's because of the no zoning thing) no industrial kitchen. The menu is completely driven by the seasons and everything is organic (and yet possibly slightly toxic).


The smell of mint and thyme are always in the air. The 'all girl staff' range in age from 6-10 and they are serious about quality, presentation and bug control.

While they are driven by the latest trends in food, they remain true to their own aesthetic. They work quietly and diligently as a team until the plates are just right. I have noticed that their customers have a slightly different quality, imaginary almost. I'm also pretty sure this whole operation is run on some sort of honor system because I've not seen any money being exchanged. It's a very nice place, and if you are planning a visit you better call ahead...

...seating is limited.

1 comment: