Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Donut Cures Anything

In case you don't know, about 6 years ago, I cloned myself... not single-handedly, but my DNA officially won out. I never thought in a million years that this would happen. After having a beyond wonderful adoption experience with our first daughter, we were getting set for another adoption. God said, Let's try something new and different, let me create something pretty close to the original recipe, but we'll kick it up a notch, more, more, more is always better. At least I think that's what He said (because I don't think it was all those sour skittles I ate all throughout the pregnancy). So what we ended up with is a sweet and much spicier version of the original recipe. Let's just say raising yourself is quite an adventure, but it's the 'more' part that gives me the most trouble. I think I know what she's gonna do, but remember the 'kicked up' version of this recipe is spicier, saucier, you haven't had this one before. The flavors are familiar to you, comforting even, but the adaptation adds new layers. This recipe could knock it out of the park, or it could flame up on the grill. My days are an adventure, that's the only way to say it.

School has brought it's challenges for this one that likes her place on my hip, as it did for me way back when. The difference is, where I had trouble for three days at the beginning of the school years, the '4 G' version is still struggling. The separation anxiety is bringing us both down. Today, after a horrible morning yesterday, I fought it the only way I know how.... with donuts. Breakfast in bed may be the ticket. I'm not saying I'll feed the child donuts everyday, but maybe a nice wake-up will help until she's able to adapt. Raising this child has caused me to throw out the rule-book more than once. She's writing her own story, we all do, but the bottom line? A donut cures anything......I should know.








5 comments:

  1. I could have used a donut for breakfast in bed this morning! I'm off work and I still don't see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHaHaha ha! I love the pics- and the mirror image. I've always thought it- but love how you 'spiced it up!' Awesome!
    Thank Steve for letting us know about your blog! I love it!
    k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I love this post. She is a pumpkin! I can't wait to meet your girls. How fun, hopefully soon! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was one of the first pics I discovered after I "found" you last winter. I can't tell you how it warms my heart and makes me smile. Wonderful post, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie!
    I have thrown out the rule book more than once too! :)
    Love the idea that you and your husband will try a new diner for breakfast on Fridays. My husband and I have lunch dates. Dates don't just have to be at dinner time, right?!

    ReplyDelete