Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Share the Love Day Two


If you read the post yesterday you know that I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around the fact that it is indeed late September, the cobwebs, the falling leaves, my dead flowers, and the fact that my kids have disappeared for the day should be my first clue. My mind is saying late July, never before have I experienced this kind of seasonal befuddlement. I pass pumpkins at the farm market and think, I can't buy those they'll be rotten in October, because it's only July. I could go on and on about the crazy tricks my mind is playing on me lately, but I won't...... because it is indeed the day the calendar professes it to be, September 21. This leads me to my next blogger friend. She is indeed wired by the calendar which you will find out here. I met Nikki 19 years ago when we were 18. We spent one fun filled college freshman year together at the Moody Bible Institute in Chicago. We lost touch over the years and much to my delight, she found me on facebook last year. I found her blog and spent 3 nights catching up on her life. I cried, and laughed and found that she was indeed the same Nikki that I laughed and cried with way back when. We have reconnected and even had a short but wonderful visit in Wisconsin this summer. I mentioned yesterday that I wanted to share people with you this week that help me out of the occasional slump, well this one is chief among them. She just happens to be running an Autumn Bliss series, and unbeknownst to her that is exactly what I need right now. I made an apple pie for my dinner guests Sunday just because I know you would have told me to, Nik. I really wanted to grill hot dogs and have potato salad. You can take her recipes to the bank, she's an amazing cook, and she has 3 boys and a husband that will attest to that fact. Enjoy her space. I do.



1 comment:

  1. You, my dear friend, put a smile on my face and on my heart today (and every other day I visit your blog). Thank you for your too-kind words. I bet you make a mean apple pie---wish I could have shared it with you. Love you, girl.

    ReplyDelete