Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 20th

April 20th is a big day around here, two of my favorite friends share a birthday today. Their families have been friends for years, I just met them both about 7 years ago. Life would not be the same without them. This is Maria, aka, lifesaver. We've painted together, shared the stage, had babies at the same time, vacationed together with our families and shared countless hours doing projects together. We bargain hunt, teach classes, share marital and child rearing advise too. And the blond moment's we share, well they just keep coming. She's one of my go-to-girls when I'm stuck or frustrated or just need help. I could not live away from family without her, she's become another sister.

Oh, and if you haven't noticed, we might look a little bit alike. Only half a million people have told us that.

This is Jeff and he is also a lifesaver. Aside from employing me, he really has helped me realize my full potential. That totally sounded like a commercial for a tech school. He makes me better. Any shred of talent he turns to gold. He doesn't just do that for me, he's done it for many people. And the magic part is, by making you believe it, you can do more than you ever expected from yourself. All of this doesn't just apply to the work I do with him in the theatre, it carries over into our friendship. He walked with me thru a very dark time. Simply put, he helped heal me. We share a love of food, laughter, and making fun of Steve Balwin:)

I love you both. Happy Birthday, and I hope it was a two-donut day.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - Thanks so much for the kind words! It started out as a kinda "squishy, ham in the middle, mashed up, donut day". But it ended up being a rather "reflective, accomplished feeling, look-how-far-I've-come" sort of donut day. It also was nice that it was topped off with a fun drink! - lots of love back to ya!

    ReplyDelete