Monday, October 18, 2010

Sunday Drive and Dinner

My parents surprised us with a short visit this last weekend. I know, I know, it's Wednesday, this is old news, just stick with me for one minute. Myah used my iPhone to capture our lovely day with the parents.

This was our destination, The Spread Eagle Tavern in Hanoverton, Oh. By the way, sorry for driving like a maniac to make our reservation, I kind of forgot how hilly it is in these parts.

This place just oozes history, sorry oozes is probably not a great word to use at a restaurant. The place is huge and creaky with a brick basement like you wouldn't believe. I should mention that my dad is a brick mason and I just knew he would love this place. They also love colonial architecture and anything historic.


Our family has been to just about every historic spot worth mentioning in about a four state radius. Williamsburg, Jamestown, Mt. Vernon, Shakertown, Quakertown, ok, I made up that last one, but you get the picture. And speaking of pictures, dad was quite a photographer in his day. When the pictures got developed, there was at least 20 that were brick walls, fireplaces, streets, artistic inspiration, I get it now, it all makes so much more sense now that I'm grown up. Somehow I know you are trying to find a client this week who wants a vaulted brick ceiling, am I right? Yes, you laugh, but you are thinking about it every waking minute, I know you.

We had a lovely lunch. Our friend Aaron joined us too. Thanks Myah for your photography assistance, next time try to squeeze in your dad and little sister:)


2 comments: