Wednesday, January 12, 2011

This Morning

My six-thirty wake up was wonderfully extended to 8, thanks to the snow, making time for Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.


The 'babies' got some extra play time with their devoted mommy, then were left rudely when the district decided to go to school after all, sorry Taryn.


I will leave them in exactly the same spot awaiting your return, and I will feed them lunch like I promised.


A project awaits me upstairs in my makeshift upholstery room. Yes, that's right, I'm back in the saddle again.


While most kids went to college and got degrees, I learned a trade. It served me well back in the day, but with moving 8 years ago and loosing space and time, it has fallen by the wayside.



I am coming out of retirement, for how long and to what extent I do not know, but it does feel good. Remember the bedroom project? Well, we decided we like our temporary lower level bedroom, especially because it has a fireplace. The bedroom is painted and awaiting trim, so I thought I'd take advantage of an empty room to set up a temporary shop. I'll use it until March or so, see how the work is going and decide at that time if this is something that will work for us or not. We are still planning to put the house on the market in the spring, at which time we should convert it back to a bedroom and return the lower level back into the family room. Don't want to confuse the buyer now do we. Well enough rambling for now, time to get to work! Enjoy the snow everyone, you might as well because apparently there is no end in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment