Wednesday, August 11, 2010

NYC




We're here. It's been a long road, but we made it. The only thing that got us through today was experience. The kind you build after hours and hours of collective hard work. Years of setting and striking, rehearsing and memorizing, timing and perfecting. Let me see if I can use more 'ing' words in a sentence. Today was not for the faint of heart. It was the dress rehearsal to end all dress rehearsals. I can't even explain it. Having said all that, it went very well.




I have even more respect for this profession after today, and more yet (if that's possible) for my friends Jeff, Maggie and Steve, they all brought it, in a big way. They constantly make me think anything and everything is possible. This whole experience is theater on steroids. When I said the other day that I would ride the wave, I neglected to say that I would be holding on for dear life.... but I will be smiling, oh, and looking for NYC's best donuts!


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's even more fun for me to read your blogs now so that I can keep up with all you are doing in NY. Don't forget to call home :) Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw donut soap the other day on perpetualkid.com and thought of you! The donut looked so real!

    ReplyDelete