Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Garden Path




Today I woke up and saw this in my email. I can't wait, I get to go along on this 34West adventure. I've never been to Charleston SC before, we're staying close to the beach even. I've been packing sort of gradually this week and trying to leave my family in good shape, you know clean clothes, food, cookies, all the stuff they need to survive. Taryn will miss me the most, she's teared up a lot this week already and will not like it that I'm not here in the morning. She's a mommas girl that is for sure. But daddy will have to do this week, he has a lot of fun stuff planned so they will have loads of fun without me. You all have loads of fun without me to, as I'm not sure I'll be able to blog during the trip, I might be able to, just not sure. I don't have a computer of my own. I usually steal Deer Slayers when he's out slaying things. My colleagues are techies though so I'm guessing they might fix me up. But not to worry I will have my trusty, stolen, uhem, borrowed camera along with me. Here's hoping I don't loose it. Not that I would, I don't have a history of that, I'm just saying. So today, I got my hair colored and cut, tweaked the show set a little and worked in the yard for three hours, what? I don't have time for that? But once we got started we couldn't stop, you know how it is. The mulch, the weeding, the transplanting, it just went on and on. But now it is finished and looks much better. I even cleaned out my perennial bed. I've been needing to do that for quite some time now. And while I was at it, I added a little garden path.


I sat on the deck and had a cup of coffee and admired all that was accomplished...... then I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off for the next..... well I still am and it's 1 am. I have to leave at 5 am. Somebody is sleeping all the way to SC. I was going to try to find this book that Flower Patch Farmgirl read, but alas didn't have a chance to find it. Maybe when I'm in Charleston. I bet they have bookstores there. I bet they have a lot of great stuff there. I just have to survive the 12 hour trip first. See ya on the flip side.


1 comment:

  1. Your little garden path is adorable...everything looks so tidy! Wish my beds looked like this!

    ReplyDelete