Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas Decorating


I've been slowly decorating little corners of my home the last few days. While most of my Christmas things are vintage and collected over the years, I have added a few new things too.
I painted these letters last year and decided to put them in a new spot this year.



This brings me to one of my little quirks. I very rarely want or can do things the same way twice. I don't know where it came from or what made me this way, but it is terribly annoying at times. The downfalls are numerous; like instead of feeding the dinner guests a recipe that's tried and true, I will always try out something different, and I don't mean different in a good way always. When it comes to clothes, I might nail down a great outfit, but I won't often wear it that same way again, even if people really liked it. Most of my furniture is on castor's, for obvious reasons. I have friends with iPhones on speed dial, so that they can get me back on the right road when I get turned around after trying to blaze a new path to no avail. You get the picture. Calendars and routine schedules are not my friends. Don't get me wrong, I think traditions are great..... if you change them every year. See? I am crazy.

There are so many times when I would love to say, "The Christmas Village goes here, the nativity goes there, the tree always sits in that perfect spot in front of the window."



I really would like to know those things sometimes, but I just can't, it's not in my DNA. If there was a pill for it, I'd be tempted, because I really do bang my head on the wall sometimes. And I think other people would like to bang my head against a wall sometimes too.

My friend ...the one with the iphone ...that I call for directions, took this picture when we were in in Columbus this summer. I just dug through my emails to find it, it's perfect for this post.

So I told you my Quirk, what's yours?



1 comment:

  1. This is so funny! My husband has to go somewhere one way- then drive back a different route! I am VERY qwirky about my hotel rooms! I have made V switch rooms if the room just feels wrong! He just accepts it now! hahaha!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete