Thursday, November 4, 2010

Your Inner Star

Dear American Girl Doll Company,
YOU'RE KILLING ME. Let me back up a little....the other day I was finishing up some work and I needed to find a little project to keep my daughter busy for about 30 min.

I said, "Look honey, the new catalog came in the mail today, why don't you mark the things that you like, and we'll think about it for Christmas and your birthday." I then produced a brand new package of star Post-its, and she was off.

Thirty minutes later, she skipped past my office and deposited this on my desk.


She used the entire package of Post-its, every page was covered with at least 5-10.

She was quite convinced that she would be getting all of it for Christmas. You see somewhere in my explaining to her, I forgot to say that she should only mark a few of her very favorite things. Not 50. I am in such big trouble now, so thanks a lot.

I know what you're thinking, it's not your fault....well that's where you are wrong. Your product is too darn cute, it is too well marketed, and I .... I mean she.... loves absolutely everything and it's impossible to choose.

Then I noticed something just under the American Girl title, go ahead and read that little sentence. Uh-huh, that's right, well she followed it, no problem there, coincidence? I think not American Girl. Signed, Dead in Ohio.

6 comments:

  1. Hysterical! I hope you're really going to send this letter to them---who knows how they might reward you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy.....I could just picture Taryn with those stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahahaha! That is a smart girl!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! :)

    We are American girl nutty over here. Dan keeps trying to tell Abbi that she has plenty of dolls and maybe we can just move ON. ha. She is not quite ready. I am thinking she'll be collecting them when she is 40. :) I am just happy that grandma (my mom) loves getting them for the girls. PHEW!
    Have you been to the store in Chicago? I swear we hear "CHA CHING" when you walk in. ;) they are so cute, however!!!

    Happy Thanksgiving, my friend! Will you be in Pandora?

    ReplyDelete