Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Christmas at the Inn


You don't want to miss this....trust me.

We are all busy at work on the new Christmas show which will open to a sold out house next week at the Amish Door in Wilmot Ohio (or 'Donutland' as I affectionately call it sometimes). Things are coming along and looking good I think. I got a request for an adult size costume just like the one I made for Taryn on Halloween.

Here's how that one turned out, sorry for the blurry picture, low light I guess. I'll take a picture of the larger one tonight when I finish it. It's a little different, same gist. There's all kinds of crazy characters in this years show. 'Jingle, Jingle Wedding Bells' is the title, so there will of course be some kind of wedding dress, not sure yet what exactly it will be like. It's all peculating in my brain, waiting to burst forth. Unfortunately my best work is done in the wee hours of the morning, when it's quiet and free of distractions. I've always been a night owl. Even when the kids were babies and good sense was telling me to sleep when they slept, I still would stay up just to collect myself in the quiet of the night. Quiet...oh how I love quiet. My brain likes quiet, my soul thrives on quiet. Even if I'm tired the next day, it's usually worth it, the amount of work I can get done in the night is far and away greater than the work I do during the day. It just takes a few more cups of coffee and maybe a power nap in the afternoon, no big deal. Speaking of power nap.......

1 comment: