Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Beer Bread Tuesday

Yesterday afternoon I realized that I forgot to make the bread. It was already 3:30 and that was not time enough for the proofing, rising, punching and kneading. ooops. Not to fear, beer to the rescue. sorry. I remembered that back in the day we would make beer bread because we had been to the neighborhood Pampered Chef party and oohed and ahhed over the it and the various dips and spreads it was served with. So I googled.

This is what I found. Done in 45 minutes, this was an incredibly easy and fairly nutritious option. I was struck with the fact that I had all the ingredients on hand too. If in fact you find yourself beerless, I'm sure the neighbors would have one. My neighbors don't ever have eggs, milk or anything else I might need in a pinch, but they do have beer, and wine and my mail. And no, I did not plan for the bottle to match my Rachel Ray utensils, it just happened. It did. I took this picture under a skylight in my kitchen, it made the bread look a little pale, I assure you it isn't in real life.

I did also wip up some cheese spread to go with it. Recipe, loosely followed, adapted and modified, here. The best thing about all this is that today for lunch I cut some thick slices and put it under the broiler for a few minutes, you can only imagine how good that was.

No comments:

Post a Comment